Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

buffet

We, the member of dragon boat had buffet yesterday.
To tell the truth, I had pronounced “buffet” “バフェット.” The correct pronunciation is “ビュッフェ.”

During the buffet, one officer, who is called Grace wrote application form for all members of Dragon Boat. I sat near her, and I could many information about the students…(こんなことしてもいいのか知りませんが)

What made me surprised was… the age of European students.
They were much younger than I had thought ><

As you know, Western people often look older than Asian people even if they are same age.
I knew this fact, but didn’t understand…

For example, one French guy, I had though he was 24 or 25 years old, but actually he was born in year 1986!!
Younger than I am…

Since I was so shocked, I told this fact to Japanese friend.
He was also surprised, but he said 「パーティーでみんなはっちゃけてるのもわかるよね」(sorry, I cannot express in English ><)

Mmm…確かに。

After the shocking news, I really really wanted to ask French girl next to me about her age…

見た目で年齢は判断出来ないんだなぁ。。。と思った次第です。

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?